Dear PATH and PATH Ventures family,
As you know, the well-being of our unhoused neighbors is our top priority, especially during this difficult time. As communities encounter COVID-19, PATH is working diligently to safeguard our stakeholders: clients, tenants, staff, and the wider community. We operate nine interim housing shelters, 14 supportive housing apartment buildings, and provide services in 140 California cities — 20% of California’s total homeless population.
Given the urgency of this crisis, we are taking swift, transparent, and responsive action. We have developed a statewide strategy that includes the following:
- Make sure that we continue to provide critical services for our most vulnerable neighbors
- Provide clear communication with our stakeholders on appropriate safety protocols
- Create a PATH Cares Emergency Task Force that will:
- Implement our emergency safety plan
- Integrate public health experts, such as the CDC and city and county agencies, to assess our operations and sites for client and staff wellness
- Designate PATH emergency point staff leaders at each of our locations
- Increase CDC protocol trainings for staff with clearly posted materials in every site
- Educate and equip the people we serve with the most up to date information to mitigate the spread of COVID-19
- Continued rigorous cleaning/disinfection plans for all locations and vehicles
- Conversations with funders to ensure resources are available during this crisis
Many of you have asked how you can support our unhoused neighbors. Please consider the people we serve as you purchase your own preparedness supplies — our Amazon wish list has been updated to reflect the most pressing needs. We provide short-term housing for over 1,000 people, and support more than 4,000 people in long-term housing across the state.
Thank you so much for your support during this uncertain time.
Joel John Roberts, CEO
Jennifer Hark Dietz, Deputy CEO